Wondering how to improve your social media performance? A competitive analysis against top competitors might help you.
Here are some of the benefits of performing a quarterly or yearly benchmarking:
- Improve your content strategy.
- Uncover your competitors' strategy on social media.
- Get better at campaigns' planning.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends.
Start a social media benchmark with Socialinsider!
Step 1: Click “Benchmarks” from the sidebar
Step 2: Select the platform you'd like to create benchmarks for
I chose Instagram for this example.
Step 3: Choose the benchmark profiles (from the right sidebar)
I decided to create this comparison without the first two Instagram profiles on this list: Amazon Prime Video US and Disney+. This means that the Benchmarks will only occur on the other profiles available in this project.
Step 4: Click on "Update"
Highlights of the profile
- Followers - The total number of followers the profile has.
- Followers' growth - The difference in follower count between the end date and the start date of the selected time period. We only have the follower count from the day someone first adds the profile in Socialinsider.
- Engagement - The sum of likes and comments received for the posts published in the selected time period.
- Posts - The number of posts published in the selected time period.
- Average Engagement/ Post - The engagement of the posts (likes and comments) divided by the number of posts published in the selected time period.
- Average Engagement Rate/ Post - The average engagement of the posts divided by the number of followers the profile has all multiplied by 100.
- Engagement Rate/ Profile - Percentage of the follower base of the profile that engaged with the posts in the selected time period.
- Reach - this metric is estimated for your competitors.
- Profiles ranked by follower count - which profiles perform better in terms of total fans.
- Profiles ranked by the total engagement - which profiles perform better in terms of engagement.
- Top 3 posts - the most engaging 3 posts for each profile ranked by engagement.
- Average posts/day in period - how many posts per day the profiles are posting.
- Average engagement/day in period - how engaged is the audience on Instagram.
- Average engagement rate/post in period - what’s the evolution of engagement.
- Changes in followers - what's the evolution of followers over time.
You can download this view as PDF, PPT, CSV, or XLS report.
Here is a short video guide where you can see how to perform a social media benchmark with Socialinsider!
Wondering how to download a benchmark report? Here's a short guide for you.